I’ll start by saying that I absolutely adore any garment that I can make in about an hour or less. We are in the midst of back to school craziness in our house. I really needed to create some things for my kids to wear … and quick!
Blaverry’s Thea was perfect! I ran to our local fabric store and found this yummy Art Gallery knit with the Fall color scheme I was looking for! Peekaboo Fabric Shop‘s mustard solid cotton lycra was a perfect match for the print!
Thea is newly revised and has all of these amazing features:
• clickable table of contents
• now 3 sleeve lengths to choose from
• more size and garment finished measurements
• new pattern nesting for easier size blending
• instructions on how to properly select your size(s)
• instructions on how to blend sizes
• printable page to record measurements and notes
• printable design/coloring page for you and/or your kids
• re-designed pattern pieces for easier size blending
Since it is still quite sticky down South, I chose the half sleeves which I find pairs nicely with the Blaverry’s Emily Ann Cardigan on crisp days or is perfect for wearing alone on these warm evenings!
The pleats are my favorite part of this pattern! My daughter loves anything that twirls. It was so hard getting pictures of her for this post because she just wanted to twirl and twirl! If you haven’t done pleats before, don’t let them scare you! They are quick and easy (faster than gathering) and add a nice shape to the skirt without the added bulk.
Happy back to school to all of you! I can’t wait to share more Fall wardrobe creations with you!
You can also check out more versions of Thea by my fellow Blaverry bloggers!
Kate and Crew * Sprouting JubeJube * Sew Sophie Lyn * MCB Créations * BLAVERRY * Sew Famous * Ruby Rue Creations * Sew Gracefully * Captures by Chris * Élégantine